03 - 04 September, 2020
Hotel Palace Berlin, Germany
Day One – Thursday 3rd September 2020
8:00 am - 8:50 am Registration and Welcome Coffee
8:50 am - 9:00 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
CHANGING THE GAME
9:00 am - 9:20 am Opening Keynote - How procurement became a valued business partner at CSL Behring to achieve commercial success in a highly-regulated environment
9:20 am - 9:50 am Keynote Panel with Live Polling - Value beyond cost: How can you inspire an innovation-driven culture in procurement and successfully communicate the function’s purpose to the business?
· Challenging the status quo amongst senior stakeholders: Proving that procurement is not merely a cost-saving function but a valuable innovation-driver
· Identifying new KPIs for the new era: To incentivise true business impact, how should procurement’s successes and failures be measured?
· Motivating procurement teams to think differently and understand that their decisions have a genuine impact on the lives of others – your patients
· What is patient-centricity, what does it mean and how can it be applied to procurement to create a meaningful mission statement?
Tom WellsHead of Procurement - EMEA
10:50 am - 11:30 am Networking Break
MASTERING DIGITAL PROCUREMENT
11:30 am - 11:50 am Client Supplier Keynote – How to leverage AI, cloud and data-centric technology to shorten time to market and improve patient outcomes
11:50 am - 12:10 pm Industry Keynote - What is the most essential procurement approach in strategic meeting management? Governance as a key to spend visibility in procurement of strategic communication programs.
· Essentials elements to bring tails spend visibility in Strategic Communications and Meeting Management (SMM)
· Rewards of a robust governance process for Procurement professionals
· How to assess the value of a supplier in SMM by going beyond the figures
· Tips to create the buy-in from leadership by translating indirect spends to commercial capabilities
Ramon GrasmeijerExecutive Director
12:10 pm - 12:50 pm Leadership Panel with Live Polling - Turning hype into reality at large to mid-size pharma: What does digitalisation look like for your organisation and how can you build a roadmap for success?
· Digital means different things for different people – How do you define digital in your organisation?
· Building a realistic digital roadmap for your business by identifying areas for potential wins, whilst weighing up internal hunger for change and a desire to spend
· Mastering stakeholder management to convince sceptics of your plan and to manage the expectations of dreamers – Keeping it relevant, realistic and impactful
· Balancing the need for regulatory compliance and the clamour for digital – How can you win both battles?
· Using market intelligence tools to identify suppliers that match your priorities and vision, and truly offer the best product for you
· Keeping up with the rate of change – How to make sure that your digital roadmap is one for now and the future
Sam SmithVice President, Global Solutions & Practice Group Leader, Life Sciences & Healthcare
Elly BisschopsGlobal Head of Procurement Operations
Silvia LopezGlobal Head of Procurement
Pascal DucheixHead of Procurement - Marketing, EMEA
12:50 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
12:50 pm - 2:00 pm Private Lunchtime Masterclass - Optimizing R&D costs with Machine Learning: How Parma can Diagnose R&D Health and Improve Research Efficiency with AI-Assisted Reagent Selection
STREAM A: DRIVING PROCUREMENT TRANSFORMATIONS - Chair: Thierry Fausten, Doctoral Researcher, Supply Chain Management, Cranfield University2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Panel - How can you lead successful procurement transformations to create a culture of change and innovation?
- Beginning with the end in mind: Understanding the overall goal of your transformation and ensuring the communication of a clear and consistent vision
- Setting ambitious but achievable targets that challenge your team and result in genuine innovation
- Identifying the common obstacles associated with procurement transformation and discussing effective methods to overcome them
- Winning hearts and minds: Going beyond acceptance and gaining full buy-in for your strategy
- Leading by example: Filtering your desire for change and pursuit for innovation to your team, and ensuring that a hunger for further growth remains after the transformation
- Accessing the successes of your transformation and using the failures as inspiration for future projects
Thierry FaustenDoctoral Researcher, Supply Chain Management
Ilona PiekoszewskaGlobal Head of Indirect & Capital Procurement
John WenzHead of Procurement - EMEA
Rui CardosoGlobal Head of Procurement
STREAM A: DRIVING PROCUREMENT TRANSFORMATIONS - Chair: Thierry Fausten, Doctoral Researcher, Supply Chain Management, Cranfield University2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Interactive Case Study – The pros and cons of ‘traditional’ category management: How to navigate an ever-evolving technological and talent landscape to develop a modern category management strategy
STREAM A: DRIVING PROCUREMENT TRANSFORMATIONS - Chair: Thierry Fausten, Doctoral Researcher, Supply Chain Management, Cranfield University3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Indirect Procurement Interview with Live Polling - How to collaborate with Marketing to build a network of traditional, non-traditional, global and local agencies to maximise the power of your marketing campaigns
Andrew Kent Head of Indirect Gilead
Andrew Kent Head of Indirect Gilead
- Exploring the relationship between Marketing and Procurement and how strong collaboration can lead to greater supplier outcomes
- Unifying your marketing agency strategy with your omnichannel approach to create powerful marketing campaigns
- Discussing the key considerations you need to make to ascertain whether a start-up is able to offer scalable solutions to meet your scope of work
- How to balance larger, industry expert agencies with smaller, local agencies in order to meet geographical regulatory compliance and provide messaging that resonates strongly region-by-region
- Influencing without mandate: How can you ‘sell’ the benefits of one agency over another internally, to streamline efforts, without ‘telling’ local managers who they must use?
- Despite regulatory rigour, should pharma be considering non-industry specific start-up agencies, to drive true innovation and bring genuinely new ideas to the table?
Andrew KentHead of Indirect
STREAM B: INTERACTIVE WORKSHOPS2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Industry Synergy Workshop - Contract Audit: The Power of Prevention
Traditionally, supplier contract audits have principally focused on finding past billings errors and working to recover those overbillings. However, as organisations gain a more sophisticated appreciation for the deep intelligence gained through contract audits, they are now demanding new strategies that are designed to locate errors sooner and prevent the same mistakes from being repeated. Historical recoveries, while still a desired outcome where they exist, are seen as a byproduct of the central objective, fixing problems that return even more significant value through recurring future cost savings.
In this session, PRGX contract audit expert, Vijay Parekh will recommend strategies for enhancing the value of your organisation’s supplier audit program, while outlining the steps to help you recover lost profits sooner. Key takeaways include:
Pathway to prevention: Learn the broad spectrum of where over payment problems originate and how best to identify and fix the root causes.
Supercharging your results: How evolving the maturity of your contract audit program will exponentially expand value to your company.
From reactive to proactive: Key steps to building a program which identifies issues quicker, leading to immediate and sustained cost savings.
John HeighwayVP Sales & Relationships UK & Europe
STREAM B: INTERACTIVE WORKSHOPS3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Synergy Workshop - What are the key steps to implementing sustainability as a cornerstone of your sourcing strategy to drive innovation and improve CSR?
- How can procurement leaders inspire a sustainability-focused mind set internally and externally?
- Sustainability in sourcing and outsourcing – Selecting the right partners: What steps can be taken pre-partnership and at the contract stage to ensure that your partner’s sustainability strategy align with yours?
- Identifying synergies in sustainability and responsible sourcing initiatives
- Discussing key metrics to track your sustainable and ethical sourcing programme, and present results to senior stakeholders
- Sustainability beyond environmental impact: Incorporating modern day slavery, cyber security, AI and other ethical considerations
Helge TippmannSenior Category Manager - Outsourcing & Energy, Strategic Sourcing
Novo Nordisk A/S
3:40 pm - 4:10 pm Networking Break
ACCELERATING YOUR TALENT CAPABILITIES
4:10 pm - 4:50 pm Out of Industry Inspiration – Guest Speaker - Procurement in the modern world: How to redefine your skillset to future-proof your function
Malcolm Harrison CEO CIPS
Malcolm Harrison CEO CIPS
· Emerging trends: What does the future of procurement look like and where can it add most value to the business?
· What are the core competencies required to be a successful procurement executive today and tomorrow?
· Identifying skills shortages within your procurement function and building internal and external strategies to address them and strengthen your capabilities
· What are the key traits of a successful procurement leader and how can you harness them to build a pipeline of future pioneers?
4:50 pm - 5:10 pm Global Procurement Interview with Live Polling - Investment in people: How to engage, excite and develop your best people to hire and retain top talent in your business
· A recent study found that only 50% of pharma CPOs spent 1% or more of their budgets on training and development, and with only 44% believing that their teams have the capabilities required to succeed, is pharma procurement really doing enough to develop its talent?
· Exploring successful skills enhancement programmes and how they can be applied to fast track the capabilities of your procurement team
· Balancing specialisation with a need for a robust and varied set of skills and experiences for your high performing team members
· Debating whether training and development should be provided fully in-house or outsourced, or whether a hybrid model is best?
· Discussing how to build robust personal development plans and roadmaps in the face of re-orgs, M&As and ever-evolving category management structures
· Exploring how to successfully manage a diverse workforce across multiple geographies, to meet their needs and ensure career progression
Staffan JakobssonDirector, Global Procurement
Marcus DurazoHead of Tactical Procurement