03 - 04 September, 2020
BenchSci - September 2nd @ 13:00 CEST
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Optimizing R&D costs with machine learning: How pharma can diagnose R&D health and improve research efficiency with AI-Assisted Reagent Selection
- Preclinical research inefficiencies that cost life science companies $48.6 billion annually
- The critical role of reagents in these inefficiencies, and why waste from inappropriate reagents represents potential savings to life science companies of $17.6 billion annually
- How every year in any large pharma company, failed reagents can delay projects by months, result in tens of millions of unnecessary spend, and reduce the equivalent capacity of hundreds of scientists
- Why addressing this problem has been historically challenging
- How AI-Assisted Reagent Selection from BenchSci leverages advances in machine learning to overcome these challenges and enable novel cost-savings
- The methodology that BenchSci has employed at major pharma use to diagnose research inefficiencies from reagent procurement data, address them with a turnkey tool for scientists, and quantify cost-savings and other benefits
- Future opportunities in further optimizing R&D efficiency with AI
Deborah FrancoGlobal Sourcing Manager R&D
Luigi GentileChief Revenue Officer
Amazon - September 2nd @ 14:00 CEST
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm How to move beyond uncertainty and reshape procurement
In the aftermath of the pandemic, healthcare and pharma organisations faced considerable supply chain disruptions. Many looked beyond traditional suppliers and to new sources to quickly supply essential health and safety supplies for those on the front lines. To prosper long-term in the face of uncertainty, organizations now look to simplify sourcing and scale digital solutions.
Join Burkard Schemmel, Head of Enterprise Customers at Amazon Business, along with Cédric Zawarski and Romain Labé, Supply Chain-Managers from Robert Schuman Hospital, as they discuss:
- The importance of having a plan for the unplanned, and how a digital store can provide a consolidated single sourcing channel for off contract spend.
- Why accelerating your digital transformation initiatives now can increase agility and streamline sourcing.
- How advanced spend analytics enable immediate control and drive better decision making.
- How Life Care Services is addressing business continuity with Amazon Business' help.
Burkard SchemmelHead of Enterprise Customer
Cédric ZawarskiSupply Chain-Manager
Robert Schuman Hospital
Romain LabéSupply Chain-Manager
Robert Schuman Hospital